Other than sunlight, what natural solutions will help disinfect cloth diapers?
- Baking soda can kill odor-causing bacteria.
- o Hand washing: Add a little bit of baking soda to a basin of warm water (95 degrees F or 35 degree C) and allow the diapers to soak until the water has cooled. Line dry in sunlight.
- o Machine washing: Use 4 teaspoons (20 grams) of baking soda for a full wash load. Line dry in sunlight.
- o Do not use baking soda to wash bamboo diapers or inserts, as it can cause bamboo fiber to disintegrate.
- Vinegar is a natural antimicrobial that helps neutralize the urine in diapers. It also breaks down soap residue buildup and softens fabrics. We recommend using not more than 1/4 cup of white vinegar in the rinse cycle.