What is stripping and why is it important?
- Buildup of residue from detergents, water minerals, fabric softeners, ointments, and creams can cause cloth diapers to lose absorbency and begin to repel moisture. Stripping diapers of this buildup will restore their absorbency.
How do I do it?
- Run a cold rinse with no detergent.
- Run a warm wash cycle with a little detergent, if necessary, but no bleach.
- Run another cold rinse.
- Continue washing on warm and rinsing on cold until all the suds are gone and the rinse water runs clear.
How often should I do it?
- We recommend that you strip your diapers once a month.