What is the best way to store wet or soiled diapers before washing?
- When you’re at home, store wet or soiled diapers in a diaper pail. You can presoak the diapers (“wet pail”) or simply store them (“dry pail”). When you’re on the go, it’s best to place dirty diapers in a zippered waterproof cloth bag (“wet bag”).
- Rinse off soiled diapers before storing them. Shake them over the toilet to flush away any solid waste; then rinse thoroughly.
- Wet pail: If you prefer a wet pail, be sure to use a diaper pail with a locking top. As an extra precaution, keep the pail out of your baby’s reach. Soak diapers in a solution of water and a natural odor and stain eliminator, such as baking soda. Make sure the lid is closed securely.
- Dry pail: If you prefer a dry pail, you can use a medium-sized trashcan with a flip-top lid or a diaper pail. Simply store diapers in the pail until laundry day. To control odors, sprinkle a little baking soda inside or toss in a small towel sprinkled with lavender or tea tree oil.
- Wet bag: Store dirty diapers in our washable, zippered waterproof wet bag. Pack it in your diaper bag or snap it onto your changing table or stroller.