Will high heat help seal the diaper?
- No. This is a myth. In fact, heat is harmful to the diaper’s waterproof outer shell.
- Most of our diaper pockets and all of our covers have an outer layer of thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU) fabric. TPU is a biodegradable waterproof fabric that is made via heat lamination instead of chemical bonding. TPU cannot withstand hot water or high heat.
- The maximum washing temperature for our diaper pockets and covers is 95 degrees F or 35 degrees C. Higher temperatures can damage the elastic as well as the waterproofing.
- We recommend that you wash your diapers in cold water. The colder the water, the softer the diapers will become.
- DO NOT wash diapers in hot water or tumble dry on high heat. Doing so will void your warranty and cause tiny cracks in the laminate.